Monday, April 6, 2009

Meatless Monday

This is a recipe I invented last week. I put chicken in it, but I the chicken was in the way. It was really filling too. I can't think of anything fun to call it, I guess moving wore out my brain as well as my body.
This is a really fast moving and quick to make meal. Using fresh broccoli really makes a difference to me.

Cheesy Noodles and Broccoli
You'll need to have 2 boxes Mac N cheese, a chopped shallot, chopped garlic and 2 cups chopped broccoli, and a few slices of cheddar cheese.

In a large skillet heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Throw in some garlic and shallots.
While those are turning translucent on Medium-High heat open 2 boxes of Annie's Mac N Cheese and get the noodles started in boiling water (probably start your timer).
Then throw some chopped broccoli in the skillet. You could add in just about any vegetables along with the broccoli if you would like right here. I might have added some bell peppers if I had some.
Add in just 1/2 a cup stock or water
Cook until tender.
While cooking the broccoli, if using Annie Mac N Cheese you should get a bowl and follow the directions on the cheese mixture adding milk and whisking it together.
Drain the noodles (when the timer goes off)
Then add some seasoning to your broccoli. I go with a tiny bit of salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary.
Stir the noodles into the broccoli in the skillet.
Turn off the heat.
Then stir in the cheese sauce. Throw on 3 or 4 slices of cheddar and stir it all up.
Walk away for a couple of minutes and then stir again (the cheese will be melted).
You can served this with a simple green salad on the side. If you have a large family you may want to add some black beans to make it a large meal.
Meatless MondaySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy. Broccoli is my favorite vegetable. I'm going to have to give this a try.

    Stop by if you get a chance. I've got my first giveaway going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!!!